eWalletXpress Has Money Seized
31 January 2011
In mid-November, we had a story about a rumored Federal warrant against eWalletXpress and possible seizure of money. Though at the time there were various reports of what was really happening and eWallentXpress, when contacted, just said they were having “technical difficulties” and everything would be up and running again soon.
Apparently now it is not a rumor anymore as an email has been sent to customers that say:
You all may already be aware of the fact that eWalletXpress has been out of service since November last year.
At this point we must regretfully inform you that our funds and accounts were seized by the United States Government as part of a confidential investigation. We have contacted the U.S. investigating agencies and are currently negotiating with them. At present, eWalletXpress is unable to access these funds or return them to you because the money is no longer in our custody or control.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Due to the sensitivity of the situation we were not able to notify you earlier and we do sincerely appologize (sic) again for any inconvenience you may have suffered.
We are grateful for your patronage over the years and are trying our best to resolve this issue quickly.
As of this moment, the money seizure leaves U.S. players up in the air as to when, if ever, they will receive their lost funds. When customer service agents were contacted they said that they were currently looking into getting players money back but admitted they didn’t know when this would happen.
Players can only look at what happen a few years ago with Neteller as hope. Eventually all money was received but it did however take over six months for it to happen.
17 November 2010Rumors eWalletXpress Leaving US Market Over Federal Warrants
According to some reports, one of the last remaining U.S payment processors, eWalletXpress, has stopped processing U.S. transactions. As of last Friday, those U.S.Read full article
02 December 2006BETONSPORTS FACES LEGAL ACTION FROM ANTIGUA-BARBUDA REGULATOR
Caribbean Net News Friday, December 1, 2006 ST JOHN’S, Antigua: The Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FSRC) of Antigua and Barbuda on Thursday announced that it has filed an application for a restraining order in the High Court of Justice, against BETonSPORTS (Antigua) Ltd.Read full article