PLANS ANNOUNCED TO MERGE MAJOR ONLINE CASINO GROUP TRIDENT ENTERTAINMENT INTO CARMEN MEDIA GROUP
12 May 2006
Proposed consolidation advantageous for both successful companies
Two of the most successful and established online casino and poker room groups in the online gaming industry have announced plans to create a new Internet super-group.
Trident Entertainment Group out of Kahnawake in Canada is in discussions with regard to a proposed merger of its operations into Gibraltar-based Carmen Media Group. This would result in a Carmen Media Group line-up of 10 top online casinos, 4 poker rooms on the Prima Poker Network and a sportsbook powered by LudoLogic.
The following major Microgaming-powered brands are involved in the proposed plan, on which financial detail is not disclosed:
Carmen Media Group operations:
- Riverbelle Online Casino and Online Poker (www.riverbellecasino.com)
- The Gaming Club Oline Casino and Online Poker Room (www.thegamingclub.com)
- The Gaming Club Sportsbook (www.gamingclubsportsbook.com)
- Lucky Nugget Casino (www.luckynuggetcasino.com)
- Jackpot City Casino (www.jackpotcitycasino.com)
- Aces High Casino (www.aceshighcasino.com)
- Showdown Casino (www.showdowncasino.com)
- Home Casino (www.homecasino.com)
Trident Entertainment Group operations:
- King Neptune’s Casino (www.kingneptunescasino.com)
- Trident Lounge Casino (www.tridentloungecasino.com)
- Vegas USA Casino (www.vegasusa.com)
- Trident Poker Room (www.tridentpoker.com)
In addition to the English versions, selected brands are available in Japanese, French, German and Spanish language versions. Both groups have been independently active in these regions for some time.
Carmen Media and Trident are committed to Responsible Gaming. The vast majority of their online entertainment products has passed the stringent requirements of the international standards body eCommerce and Online Gaming, Regulation and Assurance (eCOGRA) and undergoes continuous monitoring and regular reviews as a precondition to the display of the “Play It Safe” seal.
The plan also provides for the continued use of the existing affiliate programs (Referback for Carmen Media Group and Trident Share for Trident Entertainment Group), individually and collectively optimised for use in target markets where they are most suited.
Trident spokesperson Micki Oster confirmed that the strong brand identities of the existing operations would be maintained: “These are some of the best known and popular names in Internet gambling,” she said. “In fact, the existing TEG brands will benefit from Carmen Media’s considerable experience and strengths in areas such as marketing and customer relationship management.”
Oster will retain executive responsibilities for the North American, Canadian and Asian markets. She commented that more emphasis would be placed on expanding Japanese activities.
Ashley Head, CEO of Carmen Media Group said that the proposed merger would enable the businesses to maximise and combine their strengths into one operating unit going forward.
“The Carmen Media Group continually strives to expand its global business, creating new business opportunities and looking for innovative ideas in emerging markets,” he said.
“These moves towards consolidation rather than competition, especially in exciting new growth areas where we have both been successful in building market share, can only be of mutual benefit. We will continue to do this without impacting the strong player trust and branding that Carmen and Trident have built up over the years.”
About Carmen Media Group:
- Carmen Media owns a portfolio of online gaming entertainment brands, consisting of 7 online casinos, 3 online multiplayer poker rooms, and an Online Sportsbook.
- Each brand boasts its own unique personality, and is committed to providing the most integrity-driven, entertaining, rewarding and best supported gaming and betting experience available.
- Many of the Carmen Media products and brands are promoted through the industry-leading 2-tier affiliate program Referback.com, affording affiliate partners opportunities to market English, French, German and Japanese products. Attractive commission rates combined with exceptionally high player retention at all the partner casinos and poker rooms makes Referback.com a particularly lucrative Affiliate option.
- The Carmen Media Group is incorporated and based in Gibraltar. It operates under a license issued by the Government of Gibraltar, and nine of its flagship brands have been awarded the eCOGRA seal of approval.
About Trident Entertainment:
- Trident Entertainment Group Ltd. (http://www.tridentegroup.com) operates King Neptune’s Casino, Trident Lounge Casino, Vegas USA Casino and Trident Poker Room. All operations are powered by Microgaming and have achieved the eCOGRA “Play It Safe” seal. Online gaming licences from the Kahnawake Gaming Commission are held and operations are conducted strictly in compliance with the Commission’s regulations. Trident Entertainment Group has built a strong reputation for ethical business conduct and is well respected by the gaming industry and players alike.
- Trident group casinos feature the latest Microgaming Viper software and offer both download and flash builds including progressive jackpot games, slots, power pokers and more. The group provides a high level of round-the-clock, toll-free telephone, e-mail and Live Chat Support to all its casino and poker players.