Gambling News

  • 27 May 2011

    Full Tilt Poker No Closer to Allowing Withdrawals

    New about U.S. refunds has been slow in coming from Full Tilt Poker after FBI indictments shut down there site on April 15th. Even after a an agreement was made with U.S. prosecutors to release the Full Tilt domain for the purpose of allowing U.S. online poker players to withdraw their money, nothing has been coming and very little has been said from Full Tilt. With growing concerns from players and word coming that PokerStars has refunded more than $100 million to U.S.

    Read full article
  • 25 May 2011

    QuickTender Payment Processor Discontinues Service

    Just a few days ago Quicktender issued a statement which in it they said: “We have operated a reputable & reliable payment mechanism for US customers since 2006. Our reputation is important to us, & until recently there has never been any question that players & merchants would be paid.” Today when you go to you get a one sentence web site: “With regret, the Quicktender service has been discontinued.

    Read full article
  • 24 May 2011

    Bradley Franzen, Online Poker Payment Processor, Cuts Deal

    Bradley Franzen is the first of the 11 people indicted on April 15th, which those in the online poker industry dub Black Friday, to see U.S. court. Franzen is a resident of Illinois and Costa Rica and he admitted in federal court yesterday, he was a payment processor for PokerStars, Full Tilt and absolute poker. He further admitted he helped circumvent the laws that banned processing online gambling payments and helped deceive banks as to what the transactions were really for.

    Read full article
  • 23 May 2011

    New Indictments Coming Down for Online Poker Sites

    It seems the U.S government isn’t done with its legal wrangling with online poker rooms allowing U.S players to play. 10 more domains were seized today including and Also included were two gambling businesses, three defendants and 11 more bank accounts. Here is the full indictment released today.

    Read full article
  • 19 May 2011

    Quicktender Issues Statement About Withdrawals

    The management of Quicktender would like to make the following statement regarding the current situation with UseMyWallet/Quicktender withdrawals:’ “We have operated a reputable & reliable payment mechanism for US customers since 2006. Our reputation is important to us, & until recently there has never been any question that players & merchants would be paid.

    Read full article
  • 18 May 2011

    PokerStars Returns $100 Million to U.S. Poker Players

    There were 4 online poker sites named in the FBI indictment on April 15th and an agreement was reached on April 20th by two of those sites, Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars to be able to use their domains again to process U.S. poker players request for withdrawal. So far PokerStars is the only site that has publically commented on those withdrawals. Since the very beginning, PokerStars has had this on the FAQ page about U.S. players. Your account balance is completely safe.

    Read full article
  • 16 May 2011

    Doyle Brunson Leaves

    Collateral damage? Maybe, but it has been announced that Doyle Brunson will be leaving the online poker site that bears his name, It seems in the wake of the FBI indictments and “Black Friday”; Brunson is leaving the site but has mentioned a possible return when the United States fully legalizes online poker.According to a DoylesRoom representative, “Doyle Brunson was a sponsored pro of DoylesRoom and he has left his endorsement contract.

    Read full article
  • 12 May 2011

    Absolute Poker Signs Agreement to Return U.S. Players Funds

    Now it seems that Absolute Poker will be paying back U.S. poker players according to prosecutors on New York City. Wednesday the announcement was made that Absolute Poker signed an agreement with the U.S. government to allow withdrawals to U.S. players and to continue operations to all foreign players. According to U.S.

    Read full article
  • 09 May 2011

    Costa Rica Agents Raid Absolute Poker Offices and Residents

    April 15th 2011, known as “Black Friday” in online poker circles, is when Federal indictments were handed down and the U.S. government shut down Absolute Poker, UB Poker, PokerStars and Full Tilt poker. Since then PokerStars and Full Tilt reached agreement with the U.S. to regain usage of their websites for the sole purpose of letting U.S. online poker players withdraw their money.

    Read full article
  • 05 May 2011

    Absolute Poker and UB Poker Heading Towards Bankruptcy

    It seems as though the U.S. indictment of at least one of the three online poker companies will leave poker players the possibility of never getting their money back. This will go for all their players and not just those in the United States. Blanca Gaming of Antigua which is the parent company of Absolute Poker and UB poker (formerly Ultimate Bet) told shareholders in an email that it planned to file for bankruptcy protection in Norway.

    Read full article