Cake Network Undergoes a Revolution
05 June 2012
As of June 1, 2012, the Cake Poker Network re-established itself under a new brand: Revolution Gaming Network. In a May 7th press release Cake Network announced that it was in the process of selling certain assets to Lock Poker, indicating that the maneuver would allow Lock to rebrand Cake Network, and it would provide all Network partners, poker rooms, and online poker players the chance to participate in the growing Revolution Gaming Network.
The change is now in place at member poker rooms.
The Revolution Gaming Network is US-facing, US-friendly poker network that has experienced a surge of membership after burning of Black Friday. Available for PC or Mac, this online poker software gets online poker players where they want to be–in the thick of one of the most active poker networks available.
What this means for Intertops Poker and Cake Network poker players:
- More power means quicker play and higher volume of players
- Increased player rewards
- Increased variability in tournament schedule
- More guaranteed poker tournaments.
- Tabbed lobby and filtered search options will streamline a players game selection experience.
- Sortable tournament details and schedules.
- Customizable player avatars.
- Unique player statistic tracking
- Very little change by way of a player’s online poker playing experience–Cake Network poker rooms, like Intertops, will continue to operate their own stand-alone cashier, so deposits and withdrawals will be unaffected by the re-branding.
- Usernames and passwords will remain the same.
It seems the biggest advantage to the switch is the available player pool; more players means more monied tournaments, more game selection, varied competition, a lively atmosphere nearly every hour of the day, and more available money and prizes to win.
We have a healthy dose of what you can expect at Intertops as it rolls over to the Revolution Gaming Network. While it may not sound as delicious as the Cake Network, you’ll have plenty of action to whet your poker appetite.
- New first deposit offers: Get 200% on your first deposit up to $1000 with coupon code 1000ITP.
- $25,000 June Points Race: Still plenty of time to get in on the money with the $25,000 Frequent Player Points race. All you need to do is be in the top 100 points earners for each week to be awarded a slice of the booty.
- 26-Day Endurance Challenge: Make those Frequent Player Points work double for you! From June 1, 2012 to June 27, 2012, if you hit your designated FPP target each day you can snag some pretty impressive prizes–and the more points you earn, the bigger those shiny baubles get!
- Depositor Freerolls: Gain entry to the $1000 Depositor Freerolls every time you make a deposit.
This new network opportunity sounds like a win-win for players on the former Cake Network. If you’ve experienced the switch, let us know your thoughts on the rebranding–we’d love to hear from you!