Atlantic City Gold Blackjack
Atlantic City Blackjack Gold is very similar to Microgaming’s original Atlantic City Blackjack in terms of rules, but in terms of style, it’s in a league of its own.
And, in case you haven’t read any of our other fabulous reviews on this game, the rules for Atlantic City Gold are as follows:
- Like most Microgaming blackjack games, the dealer must stand on all 17s.
- There are no restrictions to doubling down as long as you only do it with your first two cards, and the cards formed after a split.
- Speaking splitting, you can split your hand up to three times (for a total of 4 hands); however, Aces can only be split once, and will only be given one card each before the Dealer forces you to Stand.
- Unlike 10-value cards are equal in the eyes of this game, and in terms of being able to split them.
- Late surrender is available.
The game is played with eight decks that are shuffled prior to each game. Dealer is allowed to peek when she shows an Ace or 10-value card, and will present you with an option to buy insurance when that occurs.
So there you have the basic Atlantic City Blackjack Game. If you’ve played the standard version before, Microgaming’s Gold edition gives the entire experience a refreshing facelift. Where the old version was simple, with its large buttons and straight-forward animation, the Gold version does everything it can to show you how smooth the play can be. The cards glide across the table, the player perspective is more realistic, and the chips actually sound like chips should.
The enhancements won’t go unnoticed. In fact, it seemed like playing a completely different game, even though nothing about the game itself had actually changed. And I think that says a lot.
Play all versions of Atlantic City Blackjack at the following recommended Microgaming online casinos.