American Roulette is played with a ball and a wheel containing 38 numbered and colored slots; this game uses Microgaming software.
The wheel is spun and the ball is dropped onto the wheel propelled in the opposite direction and eventually drops into one of the slots on the wheel.
The numbers range from 00, 0, 1, 2, and continue to 36 and alternate in placement throughout the wheel. Each number is given a black or red color except the 00 and 0 which are green.
The table grid is laid out so that there are three columns, each column holding 12 numbers or if you prefer 12 rows, each row holding 3 numbers.
The 0 and 00 are placed at the top of the rows/columns. One bet or many can be placed on just one number or many different combinations.
Bets placed in the numbered part of the grid is called an inside bet. The outside framework of the grid consists of side bets that can be placed, such as even or odd, black or red and called an outside bet.
The object of the game is to place a bet on a number, combination of numbers, color or situation that you predict the ball will land on.
The payouts for different combinations of American Roulette - inside bets are.
- Straight-Up Bet - Bet on a single number. Chip must be placed in the center of the number - 35:1
- Split Bet - Bet on 2 adjacent numbers. Chip must be placed on the line separating the numbers - 17:1
- Street Bet - Bet on any 3 numbers in a row. Chip must be placed on the outside line, start of the row - 11:1
- Square Bet - Bet on a block of 4 numbers. Chip must be placed on crossing lines centering your numbers.- 8:1
- 5-Number Line Bet - Bet on 5 numbers, 00, 0, 1, 2 and 3. Chip placed on intersecting lines between 0 and 1 - 6:1
- 6-Number Line Bet - Bet on 6 numbers of 2 adjacent rows. Chip is placed on the line above dozen bets between the 2 rows - 5:1
The payouts for different combinations of American Roulette - outside bets are.
- Column Bet - Bet on 1 of the 3 vertical columns. Chip is placed at the bottom of the column - 2:1
- Dozen Bet - Bet on 12 numbers in the high, middle or low grouping. Chip is placed on 1 of the following defined areas on the board: First 12, Second 12, Third 12 - 2:1
- Even Money Bet - Bet on 18 numbers. Chip is placed on 1 of the following squares: Even, Odd, Red, Black, 1-18 or 19-36 - 1:1